Young trio stick with Sydney FC

Sydney FC have re-signed three of their top young talent in a welcome boost for the struggling A-League side.

Terry Antonis, 19, Rhyan Grant, 21, and 23-year-old Sebastian Ryall announced on Friday that they have each signed new two-year deals at the club, taking them through to the end of the 2014/15 season.

Sky Blues coach Frank Farina said it was vital for the club to hang on to the young trio.

All three of the boys have done very well this year and they have impressed me since I arrived with their enthusiasm, commitment and obviously their ability on the pitch, Farina said.

They are all local boys and have been at Sydney FC for a few years now so it s great news they have agreed to stay at the club.

Midfielder Antonis, who won his first cap for the Socceroos in Hong Kong earlier this month, said he never considered joining any other club.

It s a great feeling, signing another two years here, Antonis said.

(I m) born and bred in Sydney, so it s an honour to play for this club.

Grant and Ryall were both part of Sydney FC s 2009/10 A-League championship campaign.

Sydney face a tough holiday period as they attempt to climb off the bottom of the ladder, with three matches in 10 days.

First up is a trip to Newcastle on Saturday, where they are looking to bounce back from the 2-0 derby loss to Western Sydney last weekend.

Farina hopes his team can take advantage of an under-performing Jets side, who haven t managed a win in their past five games.

Very big game, for both us and Newcastle, Farina said.

It s been a good week of preparation, but we ve got to turn up tomorrow and turn that into good use.

Alessandro Del Piero is set to play against the Jets after overcoming a hamstring injury, while Pascal Bosschaart and Jason Culina have both been ruled out with injuries.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *